tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: DirectLink on a button and success messages
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:07:03 GMT
On Aug 2, 2004, at 8:58 PM, Alex wrote:

>> I can't find anything in the documentation on setting and retrieving
>> success messages.  What is the communities consensus on a best
>> practice
>> for adding/displaying success messages.
>>

> You can build a common message page to do so, just like the message
> box api in the win32.

I tend to display success messages at the top of my list screens.  For
instance, after a user has clicked save, they are redirected to the
user list page and a message is displayed.  Example at
http://demo.raibledesigns.com/myusers/users.html.

I'm assuming I could add get/setMessage methods to my UserList.java
class and display that if it's not null.  Is that how other folks are
displaying success messages?

Matt