tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Lars Hoss <wo...@mac.com>
Subject Generating Meta-Tags
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:27:43 GMT
Hi all,

after playing around with several other frameworks such as Struts,
WebWork 2 and Spring I finally came to Tapestry :-)
Currently I am investigating Tapestry in order to find out if it would
be possible to port some of my web applications.
First thing I wonder is how to generate Meta-Tags in the Tapestry way.
I guess I need some more practice to fully grok the Zen of Tapestry ;-)

My idea of generating Meta-Tags was to write a component, let's call it
MetaGenerator, that accepts an IAsset to a properties file.
MetaGenerator then would read the properties file and render the
Meta-Tags. Because MetaGenerator would implement the IRender interface
it could be used as a delegate for the Shell component.
So, what do you think? Is this the recommended approach?

Thanks in advance,
Lars