tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Greene" <agre...@romulin.com>
Subject RE: [FIXED] Problem with Components and Bindings
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:08:11 GMT
In Tapestry 2.2, I don't think I had to make the getAddress and setAddress,
it would simply use the binding and get it for me.  Whatever.  As long as I
know how to do it now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harish Krishnaswamy [mailto:hkrishnaswamy@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 2:59 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: [FIXED] Problem with Components and Bindings

Yes, the "auto" parameter will be enhanced and the getAddress() and
setAddress() methods will be
created automatically in the component class for you. The implmentation of
these methods will access
the binding and do the needful automatically. While a component with a
"custom" parameter, say
"address", will be enhanced to have only the getAddressBinding() and
setAddressBinding() methods.
The getAddress() and setAddress() methods will have to be implemented
manually.

So in your case when you used a cutom parameter you probably did not
implement the getAddress() and
setAddress() methods and hence the exception.

Hope this makes sense.

-Harish