tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Byrne, Steven" <SBy...@dorado.com>
Subject Extension initializers [was RE: null references]
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:29:47 GMT
This is a great idea for global initializations! Is there any way that
the extension has access to some part of the Tapestry engine?  What I'd
like is to be able to load the global object with some values ASAP, and
so far I haven't been able to figure out a clean way to do it.  What I'm
imaging is that there is some static method that returns the engine
that's in use, but as I'm thinking out loud here, and remembering what
Howard said a while back about Tapestry explicitly permitting multiple
Tapestry applications within the same web application, I guess there is
no single definition of "the engine instance" to initialize.

So maybe the question should be rephrased: "what is the right way to go
about initializing the engine.global object with specific values?"

PS: Erik -- does the multi-Tapestry app per webapp address your "flat
namespace" concern from a while ago?