tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Vitaliy Ryumshyn" <rums...@web.de>
Subject Re: Frame component problem
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:56:24 GMT
Hallo
Thank you for this advise.
I've implemented such ExternalFrame component, it works,
but I still have problem
with passing UTF-8 String parameter, first, it's limited of length of
String, when
the lenght of String more than certain length - request is failed (Used GET
method of request???), second I lost UTF-8 encoding, in IExternalPage
(method activateExteranalPage reads parameters list) I receive ??? symbols
instead of my original string, but when I use TextFiled component, for
example for it, it has no such problem.

I'm thinking to use your another approach with persisnent properties.
If somebody interested in this component I could post it here, it is not
big.

Best Regards, Vitali

----- Original Message -----
From: <hlship@comcast.net>
To: "Tapestry users" <tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: Frame component problem

> The issue here (and the central problem with frames) is that each frame in
the Frameset will be a new, seperate request.

> You don't have to use the visit to store this data; whatever properties
you need to set in the TsResultFrameLeft and TsResultFrameRight can be
persisent properties of those pages.

> Another option would be to create an ExternalFrame component that makes
use of the external service to pass information to the inner frame pages.

> What this means is that request A will render the frameset, and build urls
for requests B and C that passes, in the respective URLs, the information
needed by the left and right frames when they later render.

> I think if you look at the source for the ExternalLink and Frame
components you'll see that you can combine them together very easily (and
you should consider contributing the component back!)