tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Ameet Shah" <as...@tirawireless.com>
Subject RE: Quick way to insert HTML into a page??
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:00:40 GMT
Have you had any success using the MultiplePropertySelection component?

As I have posted to the list, I'm having a great deal of trouble submitting the form as for
some reason, the values checked off are not being added to the list.

Thanks,

Ameet

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard M. Lewis Ship [mailto:hlship@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 2:56 PM
To: 'Tapestry users'
Subject: RE: Quick way to insert HTML into a page??

The IMarkupWriter interface has a printRaw() method, that is used for outputting raw markup
(text
that includes '<', etc.).

You should be able to whip together a very small component that takes a state code as a parameter.
It can use that parameter to select a file containing the necessary markup, read it into memory,
and
write it to the markup writer.  You should be able to make use of assets to help with the
mapping of
state code to file.  You can easily add smarter caching later. Given that you already have
the HTML
map files, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to put it all together?

I think a component is the easiest way, but if you want, you could create an inner class on
your
page that implements IRender and use the Delegator component that have the render() method
on the
inner class invoked.  Again, take the plunge with a component ... it'll be a bit easier, and
easier
to re-use later.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship