tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Amol Yadwadkar" <ayadwad...@webifyservices.com>
Subject Re: [FLAME] Best Wishes to Tapestry
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:07:08 GMT
Hi Howard,
Yes. Thats True
Noone can blame Tapestry like this.Yes I agree that there are less examples
but one has to take the maximum out of it rather than saying bla bla......
best regds,
Amol
----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlship@comcast.net>
To: "'Tapestry users'" <tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org>;
<prasad_101@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 5:40 PM
Subject: [FLAME] Best Wishes to Tapestry

"most untouchable"?  What the fuck is that?  If you're going to do something
as stupid as flame the
Tapestry list, it would be nice if you could get one of your english
speaking buddies to check your
grammar first.

Tapestry, alas, is not for everyone.  If you lack the fascilities to grasp
an object-oriented
solution, or the few simple, mental abstractions necessary to understand
what Tapestry does for you,
then you should probably stick to PHP or Visual Basic. If you are so
entrenched in the bad habits,
improper tradeoffs, and inherent limitations of an operation-centric,
scripting-oriented environment
such as PHP, JSP or Struts, so be it. Tapestry isn't for script kiddies, and
it isn't for people who
float through their career getting by with cut-and-paste. It's for people
with a bit of imagination,
a bit of vision, and a smidgen of engineering discipline. It's for people
who like to do a good job,
and like to do it once. It's for people who actually care about delivering
good results. It's for
people who realize that taking the quick and dirty shortcut is almost always
the *wrong* solution.

I'm sorry that "Tapestry in Action" isn't out there yet, to hold your hand
and guide you (kicking
and screaming) into the light.  I'm sorry the reference documentation has
had to lag behind. I'm
sorry that you didn't take advantage of the available examples. I'm sorry
that you didn't bother to
communicate with other experts (within and without the developer's group) on
this list.

But I'm especially sorry you flamed this list, which is often noted for its
exceptionaly good
signal-to-noise ratio.  And I'm not sorry I flamed back, because it's fun
and you made yourself a
target by being an idiot.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship