tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Amol Yadwadkar" <ayadwad...@webifyservices.com>
Subject Re: Uploading the file @ Desired Location!!!!
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:27:42 GMT
Hello Howard,
I got your  Point as far as content of communication is Concernced. I wholly
agree with you.Thanks  for letting me know!!!!

Coming back to my Issue:-
I have got the Beta 2 version for Tapestry.I had gone through write ()
Method for the IUploadFile interface and understood that it takes an Input
parameter as File.
I am really not geting How can I acheive from this?
I am getting the Uploaded File at the path  :-   Application Server / bin
(which is By Default)
How can I use write() to get the particular browsed file at Desired
location?
please show me a path in the darkest Tunnell
Once again thanks for ur all valuable Guidence!!!
best regds,
Amol

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlship@comcast.net>
To: "'Tapestry users'" <tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org>; "'Amol
Yadwadkar'" <ayadwadkar@webifyservices.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 4:52 PM
Subject: RE: Uploading the file @ Desired Location!!!!

The Tapestry beta-1 release used a beta release of Jakarta FileUpload.  I
don't know, of the top of
my head, if the FileUploade beta supports this functionality.

beta-2 uses FileUpload 1.0 final and the bridge between the two, the
IUploadFile interface and its
implementation, supports the write() method.

Hm. In beta-1, you could cast IUploadFile to UploadPart, but that won't get
you any closer to the
FileUpload API, since the necessary instance variable is private.

You are going to have to upgrade to beta-2 to achieve your goal.

P.S. I'm not angry, I just really, really hate the "warez" / "l00t" shit
that people write.  There's
no point to it, and it undermines the value and content of communication. I
find it hard to take
anyone seriously who writes like a Quake III lamerz. I learned to touch-type
at age 12 (24 years
ago) and it has served me well :-)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship