tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Amol Yadwadkar" <ayadwad...@webifyservices.com>
Subject Behaviour of Hidden Component with PropertySelection Component ( for maintaining Session)
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:29:01 GMT
Hi All,
I am experiencing very Strange Behaviour of Hidden Component with PropertySelection Component.
This is what is happening (As per My Requirements Of Pages) :------->>>>>>>

Assume I have Page A where  I am having "PropertySelection" component and also I have Submitt
Button

On  Submit Action  I store value from "PropertySelection" to the Visit Object and displays
on the Next Page(Page B) which is very fine and
then again from Page B's Submit Action I shall able to get the same value to Page A back.

To let it happen  I am using Hidden Component which acts very Strange way......... its giving
me the null values From Page B to Page A
Is that the Combination of Hidden with "PropertySelection" is wrong?
I am using the  Hidden Component  with a purpose that I will like to pass the visit value
to a JavaScript function but it looks it  all messed up
Can anyone Please  point me to my mistake??
It will be a great Obligations!!!!

Also I will like to know the behaviour of Hidden Component in Tapestry .....Is that the same
as we do in JSP/Servlets???
Thankx
Best regds
Amol