tapestry-users mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Retrieving values from dynamically generated form
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:53:34 GMT
If you dynamically add stuff on the client side then you can't expect Tapestry to know about
it when
the form is submitted.

The workbench includes examples (the Charts page) of adding a new row ... this involves a
server
round trip.

If you are desparate to allow the client-sidce activity, then you have to be prepared to step
back
into servlet-style coding; your listener method can read query parameters, just like a servlet.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components