tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Joan Harrison <srcfrgu...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject newbie-(First mail)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:40:04 GMT
Hi ,
     After reading through some of the documents about Tapestry and also after hearing much
about Tapestry in TSS and etc., I finally decided to start playing around with Tapestry and
later planning to use in one of our project.

Mean time could some one tell me what is the equivalent to <field-binding>  for component.
My assumpution is <static-binding>. Is that correct!!
Could some one will eloberate more on this please!!

Howard, As far as I read the documents I can say Tapestry is much much ahead of other well
known framework(s).  I still need to get hang of this framework though

But one thing I always see is that Tapestry lacks for GUI components!. Correct me if I am
wrong. ?!

After working with struts,SOFIA tapestry lacks of GUI components. I have just came across
about tacos, I think community are working on that.

Is there any GUI components like dropdown menus available?
Is there any possiblities of getting Javascript examples!?

Overall Tapestry is very powerfull framework and thank you very much for your effort in this
regard!.

Looking forward for you new Book!.

Regard
Joan.