tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed up page compiling
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:33:16 GMT
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:29:37 -0200, Michael Wyraz
<michael.wyraz@evermind.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> we have a big project with Tapestry 5.3. There are many pages, lots of
> components and many links between the pages (@Injects of other pages).
> The problem is that after a change, the first page reload takes >5
> seconds on good hardware because there is much work for the tapestry
> page compiler which wastes much time of our developers.

There isn't a Tapestry page compiler, just a template parser and some
internal code that creates the page instances. There's no language
transformation, so, for me, it isn't compiling at all.

The first thing I think you should do is to do some profiling and check
whether these 5+ seconds are really all spent in Tapestry internals or if
there's some application-specific processing going on (method calls,
database queries, etc).

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo