tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From trsvax <trs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Before I file a JIRA against SupportsInformalParameters
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:15:26 GMT

>From what I can tell if you have a mixin and a component that support
informal parameters the default namespace parameters will always go to the
mixin. This contradicts the documentation which seems to say they should go
to the component.

Things get more complicated when multiple mixins support informal
parameters. I think the first one to render them gets them but I don't think
the order in the template has anything to do with the execution order.

As far as understanding how things work I think it would be better in this
case if the docs were correct because the rule is simple. However changing
the code to work as documented could break backward compatibility.

At any rate the docs are correct for formal parameters and namespaced
parameters but not for default namespaced informal parameters. I think the
rule is the first mixin to render them wins. The problem with that is it's
difficult to figure out which mixin gets the first chance. The other problem
with that rule is the parameters are rendered on the current element. Since
mixins can change the current element you never really know where the
parameters are going.