tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From jsauer <joachim.sa...@catalysts.cc>
Subject Re: 5.3 Too much environment cloaking bug
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:25:57 GMT
Hello,

we're currently updating Tapestry from 5.2.6 to 5.3.1 and we're running into
the exact same problem as this message from November described:

Denis Stepanov-2 wrote

> Second, ajax request will lose environments set in its action method:
>
>     Object onAction(EventContext context)
>     {
> 	environment.push(...);
>         return myBlock; // environment is cloaked while rendering myBlock
>     }
>
> myBlock is a block from a different page, which uses the environment as a
> way how to communicate, concept similiar to the BeanEditor and its
> contributions.

We also use the environment to pass parameters between the main page and
contributed blocks. This works fine as long as the contributed blocks aren't
rendered via Ajax (for example when using ProgressiveDisplay). As there's no
documentation of any change like this in the release notes, I'd consider
this a bug as well.

Are there any plans to change this behaviour or any suggestions for a
solution?

regards
Joachim Sauer