tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence export template updated for HTML5, admin help needed
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:17:48 GMT
Howard (or anybody else with Confluence admin rights),

Can you paste the template in one more time?  I've updated the
template in SVN again, with a work-around.

     /tapestry/tapestry-site/branches/post-5.2-site/autoexport_template.txt

The Apache infrastructure guys marked as "invalid" the INFRA-4248 JIRA
issue I filed (no surprise there), So now I've gone in another
direction, forcing IE into standards mode using the "x-ua-compatible"
meta tag. (For the curious, see
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/beyonddoctype)

Thanks in advance!

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Bob Harner <bobharner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the IE problem persists. The DOCTYPE declaration is
> still not being rendered as the first item in the HTML.
>
> I checked several other Apache web sites -- Shiro, Directory, Camel,
> ActiveMQ -- which also use the auto-export process, and they also all
> render in Quirks mode in IE due to having the DOCTYPE in the wrong
> place, even though their auto-export templates
> (e.g.http://shiro.apache.org/confluence-auto-export.data/shiroConfluenceAutoExportTemplate.vhtml.txt)
> are correct. So I guess this problem is caused by the export plugin
> itself. Maybe the Apache infrastructure guys are forcing the license
> to the top for bureaucratic reasons.
>
> Unless somebody has another idea, I'll file a ticket with the Apache
> Infrastructure team. I don't think they really want to support the
> auto-export plugin, though.
>
> Alternatively, we could change the site design to work well in Quirks
> mode. But I'd really rather not do that.
>
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Updated, export in progress.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Bob Harner <bobharner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The problem is that the export process is causing the DOCTYPE
>>> declaration to appear below the license comment block, despite the
>>> template having it the other way around. It turns out that not having
>>> the DOCTYPE declaration as the very first thing on the page causes IE
>>> to remain in quirks mode.
>>>
>>> I updated the file in SVN again, moving the velocity directives below
>>> the DOCTYPE declaration. Can you (or anyone) try pasting it into the
>>> admin console again, making sure that <!DOCTYPE html> is the very
>>> first line in the resulting text? (Or if you want, give me the site
>>> admin rights to do so myself.)
>>>
>>> Then I'll just publish a single page so we can see if it is right
>>> before exporting the whole site again.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

The
will