tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Harner <bobhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence export template updated for HTML5, admin help needed
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:23:15 GMT
Unfortunately, the IE problem persists. The DOCTYPE declaration is
still not being rendered as the first item in the HTML.

I checked several other Apache web sites -- Shiro, Directory, Camel,
ActiveMQ -- which also use the auto-export process, and they also all
render in Quirks mode in IE due to having the DOCTYPE in the wrong
place, even though their auto-export templates
(e.g.http://shiro.apache.org/confluence-auto-export.data/shiroConfluenceAutoExportTemplate.vhtml.txt)
are correct. So I guess this problem is caused by the export plugin
itself. Maybe the Apache infrastructure guys are forcing the license
to the top for bureaucratic reasons.

Unless somebody has another idea, I'll file a ticket with the Apache
Infrastructure team. I don't think they really want to support the
auto-export plugin, though.

Alternatively, we could change the site design to work well in Quirks
mode. But I'd really rather not do that.