tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portlet support for Tapestry
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 20:25:41 GMT
On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 18:24:17 -0200, Felix Scheffer <fscheffer@netzgut.net>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hi!

> i spent some time working on the portlet support based on the work of
> Markus Feindler, Trun Le Xuan and Kristina B. Taylor.
> The source can be found at:
> http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-portlet-support/

Nice!

> 1) StreamResponses are difficult to deal with. They require an
> OutputStream to which we can write the content of the stream but portlet
> ActionResponse is not supposed to return content and therefore does not
> have an
> OutputStream. So we can not use ActionURLs for events that return
> StreamResponses. I thought about redirecting these requests to a
> ResourceRequest which could then return the content of the StreamResponse
> but i am not sure if this is a good approach (or a feasible one).

Couldn't you just let Tapestry itself take care of that (a.k.a. invoking
ComponentEventResultProcessor.processResultValue())?

> 2) EventLinks dont support AJAX right now. For ActionLinks it's quite
> easy to determine if they are bound to a Zone but i haven't found a way
> to do
> the same for EventLinks in
> ComponentEventLinkEncoder.createComponentEventLink().

ActionLink and EventLink are almost the same, so I don't know why
something would work in one and not in the other. ActionLink is basically
an EventLink with the event property hardwired to "action".

Anyway, check the source of RequestImpl.isXHR().

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor