tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Scheffer <fschef...@netzgut.net>
Subject Portlet support for Tapestry
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 20:24:17 GMT
Hi everyone,

i spent some time working on the portlet support based on the work of
Markus Feindler, Trun Le Xuan and Kristina B. Taylor.

The source can be found at:
http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-portlet-support/

The major changes are:
 * upgrade to Tapestry 5.2.6
 * removed Liferay dependecy
 * improved markup output (including support for <head>-tag elements)
 * support for EDIT-mode
 * AJAX requests are now served via resource requests

There are two major issues:

1) StreamResponses are difficult to deal with. They require an OutputStream
to which we can write the content of the stream but portlet ActionResponse
is not supposed to return content and therefore does not have an
OutputStream. So we can not use ActionURLs for events that return
StreamResponses. I thought about redirecting these requests to a
ResourceRequest which could then return the content of the StreamResponse
but i am not sure if this is a good approach (or a feasible one).

2) EventLinks dont support AJAX right now. For ActionLinks it's quite easy
to determine if they are bound to a Zone but i haven't found a way to do
the same for EventLinks in
ComponentEventLinkEncoder.createComponentEventLink().

I hope you guys can give me some feedback...thanks!

Felix Scheffer