tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From sibleygh <george.sib...@bt.com>
Subject Select Model - Adding entries from the form
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:07:20 GMT
Hi

I'm pretty new to Tapestry.

I have a requirement where I want to add a new entry to a Select Model, if
the entry doesn't exist. e.g.

- Populate the select model using the onPrepare() method executing a finder
in hibernate, and present this in the page.
- Allow the user to provide text in the drop down text box, if a new entry
is required in the model.
- Persist the new data using a form of Tapestry 'onValueChangedFrom' action.

I've used the select model successfully to process 'bound' lists, but I
don't seem to see any examples or documentation on how to process an
'unbound' list.

Regards

George