tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry Request / Portlet Request
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:55:54 GMT
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:11:55 -0300, Christophe Cordenier
<christophe.cordenier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

Hi!

> I am trying to see the Portlet support as a contribution without
> modifying anything to the core, but i have the feeling that the Tapestry
> Request API must evolve too. If it stands as an external contribution,
> the developer
> will have contribution's imports in its page, so that he will not be
> able to re-use it in another context. I think slight changes in the
> request API may help to fill the gap between servlet request and portlet
> request, and the
> contribution will do the rest.

I guess you're in the right track, trying to keep changes to a minimum.
I'd like to suggest you to create a branch, as this doesn't seem trivial
at all and it will make it easier for everyone to follow what's being done.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor