tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviewing issues
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:37:25 GMT
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Josh Canfield <joshcanfield@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem with closing defects as "Might not be a problem
> anymore". Do at least some due diligence so you can at least say
> "can't reproduce"

Thanks for stepping forward and volunteering, Josh!

Seriously, we need to get the bug list under control, it's hard to
make out the legitimate issues among the droves of minor requests,
weird questions, and duplicates.

This isn't just blanket closing of issues, but if the issue is obscure
and not well described, I think it is valid to add a polite message
asking for it to be reopened when a test case is made available.

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Massimo Lusetti <mlusetti@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been trying to clean up the Tapestry issue list. If everyone
>>> could take a peek, and help weed out duplicates and such, it would be
>>> great.
>>>
>>> I'm also in a quandrary about some bugs ... I'm very tempted to mark a
>>> bunch of bugs that date back to 5.1 or earlier as "won't fix",
>>> especially if they are fixed in 5.3 or no longer applicable.
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Sure that should be done especially if they're so outdated.
>>
>> --
>> Massimo
>> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship