tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Lenny Primak <lpri...@hope.nyc.ny.us>
Subject Re: Would it be possible (or desirable) to add a TapestryCoreServices Interface for 5.3 beta?
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:51:24 GMT
I have been thinking about this as well. This is a general problem with dependency injection.
When a.developer wants something, it's hard to search for it in the world of DI. it's much
easier to have an API to do things. Right now there are hundreds of objects to inject, and
each of them has many getter methods and indirections to get at the thing that a developer
might want. Also there are hundreds of contribution and override points. Its next to impossible
to find the right thing to do when coming from a new developer perspective.  Even if you know
what to inject or contribute, it's hard without the code examples.
It's partly a documentation problem but I think it's really hard to fix just in the docs since
the are so many permutations of what a developer might do.

Thus, I think an API is a great idea.