tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Bug in parameter processing + inheritance
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 00:08:52 GMT
I'm still wrapping my head around the guts of the (new) transformation code, new ParameterWorker
implementation, etc. However, it appears that we have a timing problem on the default parameter
initialization when component inheritance is in play. Basically, the child-class parameters
have their default values set before the parent class parameters, which is a problem if the
child class parameters depend on a parent-class-parameter value.  This happens whether or
not "principal=true" on the parent class parameter.  I'll be opening up a jira, but wanted
to post here first to see if anybody else has any insight on this problem.

Robert