tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A plan for 5.3 / 5.4
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:25:19 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 18:31:41 -0200, Kalle Korhonen
> <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 to add tapestry-security as a Tapestry subproject. I'd just rename it to
> tapestry-security-shiro or tapestry-shiro to make it clear that Shiro isn't
> the only possible security framework you can use with Tapestry. It's
> tapestry-hibernate, not tapestry-orm or tapestry-database. ;)

A sub-project is an option. The idea behind the naming (besides having
gotten tired of renaming from jsecurity to ki to shiro) was that the
group id already denotes the origin and since you are likely not going
to use multiple security packages at any given time, describing the
purpose of the package with the name makes the most sense, i.e. all
third-party security packages could be named tapestry-security.
Obviously if we were to move tapestry-security as a sub project of
Tapestry, that naming convention might need to be reconsidered.

Kalle