tapestry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index 2
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:44:27 GMT
I once again concur, this is a big improvement to the home page.  I think we
should move the IndexV2 contents over to Index immediately.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Christophe Cordenier <
christophe.cordenier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great Work Katia !
>
> This is exactly the kind of changes that lightens and gives more impact to
> our front page. Of course, we should polish it about colors and typo, but
> it's concise and clear.
>
> Also I like the idea of putting links on contributions on the front page,
> because we ARE an active community !
>
> Le 20 décembre 2010 15:06, Clément Uster <clement.uster@gmail.com> a écrit
> :
>
> > Ok great. :)
> >
> >
> > On 20 December 2010 15:04, Katia Aresti <katiaaresti@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Key features will stay, it's just a matter of layout !
> > >
> > > 2010/12/20 Clément Uster <clement.uster@gmail.com>
> > >
> > > > Ok, I didn't get your point about the key features.
> > > > So you want to keep the current items at the top of the page, right ?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On 20 December 2010 14:54, Katia Aresti <katiaaresti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > 2010/12/20 Clément Uster <clement.uster@gmail.com>
> > > > >
> > > > > > Hello Katia,
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I do like your new design. It's definitely lighter than the
> current
> > > > one.
> > > > > > The idea of the 3 boxes is quite interesting, but I don't
> > completely
> > > > > agree
> > > > > > with the content.
> > > > > > Because they are on top of the page, they are the first things
to
> > be
> > > > > seen,
> > > > > > and in my opinion they should be the most important things about
> > > > > tapestry.
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > What do yo mean ? In your point of view the content of these boxes
> > > should
> > > > > be
> > > > > on the key features part ?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > Your "What is Tapestry" part is just awesome! I love it :)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > By the way, I'm very pleased to see the official
> > > documentation/website
> > > > > > becoming better every day.
> > > > > > Presentation and design are keys to attract and keep new (and
> old!)
> > > > > users.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Clément
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On 20 December 2010 14:05, Katia Aresti <katiaaresti@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I'm working on Index V2 page. It's not finished yet, but
before
> I
> > > > > > continue
> > > > > > > to do some staff I think about, I would like to know your
> > opinions.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Here is the preview of the page :
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >  https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/indexv2.html<%20
> > > > > > > https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/indexv2.html>
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Important things to note :
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1)  Key features are not included on top just because for
some
> > > reason
> > > > > > when
> > > > > > > I
> > > > > > > include them they are not placed on the top, but down Apache
> > > > > > > Tapestry > IndexV2.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 2 ) The boxes with Download, extensions and so, are not
> finished
> > > yet.
> > > > I
> > > > > > > want
> > > > > > > to modify and adapt several things on them. They  just
offer an
> > > idea
> > > > > > about
> > > > > > > what I have in mind.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 3 ) Icons are free use
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > So, what do you think ?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Can you give me some feedback please ?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Katia
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Christophe Cordenier.
>
> Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
> Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com
>



-- 
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message