tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviving deprecated AbstractIntegrationTestSuite
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:09:14 GMT
Perhaps we can get the benefits of the new approach without the problems.

It is very important to me to be able to split my tests across
multiple test case classes that share a single Selenium/Jetty setup.
It takes too long to start up and shutdown Selenium/Jetty for each
test case, and the one-big-test case is ultimately not scalable.

Can TestNG inject the configuration data (that current arrives via the
constructor) directly into a @BeforeTest method?

If so, then the base class for a TestCase can automatically start up
Selenium/Jetty with correct configuration and track that in @AfterTest
it should shut it down.

The trick is coordinating multiple TestCases so that the *right*
instance knows it is the one.

End result: if you run on test method, or one test case, it will setup
and shutdown selenium.  If you run a suite, the first TestCase whose
@BeforeTest method is invoked will remember, and shut it all down at
@AfterTest.

Actually, if the right information is stored into the ITestContext it
doesn't matter which test suite shuts it all down.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210