tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another IllegalAccessError in 5.2 alpha [bug?]
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:07:09 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
> In which package the proxy is created? If it's just a matter or putting them
> in the same package, just name the proxy ${className}___TapestryIoCProxy or
> something like that. Is this possible?

Do read what Howard's saying. Classes in Java are only uniquely
identified by the fully qualified class name and the loading
classloader. I wonder if providing a global flag for controlling the
service reloading and .enableReloading() would make matters worse?
Probably, more configuration typically causes only more mess. What
about disabling service reloading automatically if there's even one
protected/package-private operation and logging a warning?

I doubt that common abstract classes for services are that typical.
I'd personally live with the restrictions live service reloading
imposes but I can see how it might make many others unhappy. Had this
been in place from the beginning, I doubt it would have caused much of
a fuzz, but now it just might. Damned if you do, damned if you
don't...

Kalle