tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Andreou <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tapestry homepage redesign
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 12:08:53 GMT
I like it a lot too - the first few pages should be exactly like that
(just marketing).

Top links look fine to me (though still arguing with myself if it should read
"Download Latest Version" vs. "Download Tapestry 5.2.0"

I'm also clearly in favor of some social or buzz features in the front page -
twitter is fine, i was also considering having the titles of the last few mails
from this list.
Though it's still an open question how this will work at the apache
servers (i.e.
in static pages)... will it be js widgets ?

Nice work & initiative

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 14:34, Piero Sartini <lists@pierosartini.de> wrote:
> Great work! I like this design very much.
>
> I am with Ulrich that the menu could be more visible. What is not
> neccessary in my oppinion is to have the JavaDocs and other stuff
> visible in the main menu - its enough to have them somewhere under
> "Documentation". Speaking about such "content pages", I see the need
> of a sub navigation.
>
> Speaking about the key features on the starting page - what do you
> think about some possibility like "see all features". This would lead
> to a dedicated page explaining more of tapestry's features. On most
> new frameworks thats the first page I am searching for to get a more
> complete overview.
>
> About the twitter stuff:
> Wouldn't it be better to include all tweets tagged with, say,
> #tapestry5 or #tap5? This way the tapestry site would present all
> people twittering about tapestry - not just one official account.
>
> If your twitter box is just intended to present news, I would rather
> maintain them through confluence - twitter would be just another
> tool/account to take care of.
>
>                 Piero

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer