tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Tapestry homepage redesign
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 11:09:34 GMT
> Let's make a decision on this point, but I think we have to keep the menu
> line simple with only key items. In my humble opinion, sub menus or a two
> lines menu are too much :)
> If we really need to push others links, let's place them somewhere else,
> like under the main content, under the fresh news, or like JRuby does with a
> slider.

I think we will need a submenu - but I am with you that it should be
located somewhere in the main content area (and not in the top link
line).

> [Twitter & fresh content]
> Twitter is a must have. It's true that we could also use confluence for that
> but we've got to have a presence on Twitter. Every buzz start from this
> social network. By the way, there are RSS feeds for each twitter profile.

I don't think we should use twitter to manage our news. Its true that
twitter is important, but I think we need a master that is under our
control.
What do you think about using confluence and pushing the news to
twitter, facebook and others automatically? This should be possible
through the RSS functionality.

> I also first thought about using #tapestry5 hash tag but there is a problem
> with this approach: we don't have the control over what is said. What if
> someone tweet something like "#tapestry5 is too complicated!" ? With a
> custom twitter account, we can push a selection of tweets from other people
> by simply doing RT.

In my oppinion this is something we can't, and more important should
not control. If we want to build a healthy community, we can't start
to censor oppinions. But I guess this was related to using twitter as
news-engine...

My proposal: use confluence for managing news - but pesent a "latest
buzz" box at the start page as well (which includes everything postet
with #tap5 or #tapestry5 ).

> I see the same problem if we push last emails from the mailing list.

I really don't see this as a problem - tapestry is a community effort
and we should not be afraid of bad oppinions. Its better to have a few
bad headlines on the start page from time to time than don't have any
community stuff in place.

           Piero