tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From spiderbarker <jimwil...@usa.net>
Subject Why does tapestry wrap comments in a space?
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 21:01:25 GMT

Referring to this issue from quite a while back:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2503

I understand the logic behind the resolution, but I am curious about why the
spaces are being added in the first place.  This issue can also affect
javascript, and like the IE scripts the problem is easy to work around.

But diagnosing the problem is really not that intuitive.  The workarounds
aren't either and they tend to break previewability as well as making the
code itself more difficult to follow.

That's why I am asking why the spaces are added.

Thanks,
Jim Wilson