tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: documentation improvements
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 00:25:17 GMT
> Considering b) I don't know what is more efficient. Letting people access
> the Wiki and look through the changes or applying patches to files and
> looking at the changes with normal IDE tooling or on the command line.

The problem I see is that if people just want to contribute
documentation, they need to checkout the files, make their changes in
a format that is not known and create a patch afterwards. That's too
much effort in my oppinion - we should make it as easy as possible for
people to contribute. My feeling is that more people would contribute
if we use a good wiki like confluence - after all it is a well known
tool, used by a lot of projects.

It's totally possible that this tool Sebastian proposed is better and
more powerful. For sure it is geekier. But in my oppinion it is not
the right tool to make a community work together on documentation.

           Piero