tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe Cordenier <christophe.corden...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documentation improvements
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:55:32 GMT
Hi,

Sorry to jump into the thread like this, but we have started to develop
'wooki' a few months ago. This tool aims to provide a tool in the spirit of
the Django book at http://www.djangobook.com/en/1.0/ with many other
features.

We are currently focusing on social features and import/export format. All
the chapter of a book have a revision number, and it would be easy to extend
this to the entire book for version management. Also we can implement some
right management based on roles and give contributor, comment rights,
review...

Wooki still need some development but we are doing our best to provide it to
community as a tool but also as a full Tapestry application demonstration
with intermediate release.

Note that this tool has the great advantage to be developed with Tapestry,
so if there are people who are interested to see one day some Tapestry
documentation written with a tool developed with Tapestry then checkout the
source at http://github.com/robink/wooki

A demonstration of the first alpha version is available @wookicentral.com,
the 0.2 will be deployed soon with Feed feature and a pretty PDF print.

Best Regards,
Christophe Cordenier.