tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry-IoC proxies
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 13:16:56 GMT
Em Wed, 06 Jan 2010 01:47:14 -0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Possibly extending ServiceDef2 as ServiceDef3 which would add methods
> to give access to annotations would be a step in the right direction,

I was thinking the same.
That would solve a large number of scenarios. Nice! :)

By the way, some days ago I was reading the Weld (JSR 299 reference
implementation) and I thought it wouldn't be hard to provide Tapestry-IoC
as an extension. To do that, we need some way to find all the services
(both ServiceDef and the actual object).

> though it may only be implementable in terms of standard services
> (those defined via the ServiceBinder).

Regarding services defined by build methods, maybe we could use some kind
of delayed ServiceDef. It would have all the information when it was
created, expect the service implementation type. It would be set when the
object is created.

By the way, Java 6 has a proper, standard way (interface JavaCompiler) to
compile classes programatically. I hope I have some time to play with it
this weekend. That could be used to generate proxies without using
Javassist. I have a good source code generation experience and I think
that wouldn't be hard. Of course, this has a downside of requiring Java 6.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor