tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR-229, JSR-330 and other integrations
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:00:37 GMT
Em Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:25:34 -0200, Piero Sartini <lists@pierosartini.de>
escreveu:

> The error message does not get better... (see below).
> SCHWERWIEGEND: java.lang.ClassCastException

Having SCHWERWIEGEND in an error message just adds to my confusion. This
work sounds like something Austin Powers would speak. I only speak
Portuguese and English, not German. :D
By the way, you have a very Italian name and a very German domain. Once I
helped a guy with an Spanish name and a Netherlands domain. Tapestry has a
really diverse user pool . . . :)

> You mentioned that in tapestry it would not work to downcast an
> interface to its implementation because of the proxies.
> Looks like CDI uses proxies as well, and we try to downcast its
> Interface?
>
> "org.jboss.weld.bean-/home/ps/projects/sandbox/tapestry-yaml/target/tapestry-yaml/-ManagedBean-class
> sessionbeans.TestBeanImpl" looks like a proxy to me.
>
> Any thoughts?

I'm not going to have time to take a serious look into CDI and Weld for
the next two months.
Using proxies make a lot of sense for IoC and DI containers as they help
to solve lazy object creation, circular dependencies and method
interceptors.
The issue I'm more curious is whether an annotation placed in a method in
a bean implementation is present in the proxy method. This would give an
insight as how to implement it in Tapestry-IoC. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor