tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR-229, JSR-330 and other integrations
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:46:00 GMT
Em Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:56:57 -0200, Sebastian Hennebrueder
<usenet@laliluna.de> escreveu:

> Though, I miss some features in the Tapestry's container which I like in
> Google Guice,

Which ones? Maybe we can add them to Tapestry-IoC.

> I am not sure if it is a viable solution to make the container
> interchangeable. May be we could improve the integration with other
> containers by letting them instantiating Service and Page classes and
> post processing the classes with Tapestry.

Regarding services, that's exactly what the Spring integration does.

I see no reason why let other IoC framework to instantiate *page* classes.
I guess it is inviable, as Tapestry doesn't do post processing them, it
adds code to it then instantiate.

> I only agree that it would be nice to support JSR 303 (Validation
> framework). This is not becauce it is standardized. I believe that it is
> totally nonsense to standardize a couple of validations.

Why? Some of them are very common (@NotNull, @Length, @Size, etc), and you
can add your own validations. You do not need to use just the ones
provided out-of-the-box.

> The reason is that JPA and Hibernate uses those validations and as a
> matter of fact 95 % (my guess) of all persistence layers are written
> with those technologies.

JSR 299 is based on Hibernate Validator, a project that was created after
Hibernate and its support is based on some generic Hibernate hooks. JPA
supports them as ordinary event listeners. Hibernate and JPA weren't
written using any validation framework.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor