tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass persisted data between secure and non secure pages?
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:22:26 GMT
Is there an option in tomcat (or whatever container you use) to use
the same session for secure and non-secure pages?  That seems like a
no-brainer to me.

Short of that, client persistence is one option to share data.

Another would be to send a redirect, containing the (encrypted)
information you need that targets either a particular page (decrypting
the data inside an activate event handler method) or providing your
own custom Dispatcher (contributed to the MasterDispatcher service)
that can decrypt the data and store into into a session attribute.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:16 AM, marcanti<mario_luis_gomes@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need a way of telling that a given user has logged in, but because my Login
> page is secured, and other pages are not, I cannot persist this information
> on the session because secure and non secure pages dont share the same
> session. Because of this, when passing variables from a secure page to a non
> secure page, the variables are lost when rendering the non secure page, even
> though I use the Persist annotation.
>
> Is there a solution for this problem without using client persistence?
> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry