tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Tapestry Board Report - July 2009
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:27:17 GMT
I need to put together the next Tapestry board report.

I think the only significant event has been the 5.1 release.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Subject: [REPORT] Tapestry - April 2009
To: ASF Board <board@apache.org>, tapestry5 dev <tapestry5.dev@formos.com>

Tapestry 3, Tapestry 4

No activity.

Tapestry 5

Work on 5.1 is finishing up; we've voted up several alpha releases and are
voting on release 5.1.0.3 currently, which should be the beta. 5.1.0.4 is
expected to be the GA release. The 5.1 release mostly adds features related
to performance including a number of optimizations of internal code,
and the use of GZIP compression in responses. The IoC container gains a
number of new features that make it easier to customize Tapestry's
behavior.

Many users are upgrading from 5.0.18 to the 5.1 alphas and experiencing only
minor issues, if any.

Tapestry Community

Robert Zeigler and Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo have been voted on as
Tapestry committers. Robert was already a Cayenne committer, Thiago is new
Apache. Both have contributed some significant code to Tapestry 5.1,
largely in the area of customization of Tapestry URLs.

Activity on the mailing lists appears steady.

Howard Lewis Ship created a Tapestry Refcard for dzone.com.

Activity on Tapestry360 (tapestry.formos.com) is increasing; this is an
external site that provides project hosting for projects that can't
live at Apache due to licensing or other concerns.

--
Howard Lewis Ship
Creator: Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos