tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tapestry Wiki] Update of "WishList" by EirikMaus
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:00:03 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EirikMaus:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/WishList

+ Eirik:
+ I'd like to have "web pages" and "controllers" in normal jar projects, so they can be re-used
in a number of web applications (war modules) without all that war overlay stuff. That means
it must be possible to trigger tapestry loading and request processing (for unit testing)
from normal classpath elements without requiring web.xml and the webapp / WEB-INF directories.
We write a lot of batch processing stuff in java, deployed as web applications that has web
pages for "switches" and "adjustment wheels" only, and it would be really usefull to be able
to locate the user interface in the same module as the logic and domain objects it is controlling.
Also, it would be simpler to package and deploy http/html-interfaced applications as normal
main-method applications with a bundled http library, instead of that awkward appserver integration
xml mess.
+
+
+
  Toby:

  There should be a way in Tapestry5 to create input fields dynamically, e.g. by reading the
configuration from a database in order to achieve