tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 5.1.0.5 -- as 5.1 stable release
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 16:26:16 GMT
I understand your sentiment, but the number of changes, and the degree
of isolation in those changes from .3 to .4 to .5 is very small.
Therefore, I tend to "credit" the experience period for .4 into .5.
So, Tapestry 5.1's been in beta since Apr 14.

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Joachim Van der Auwera <joachim@progs.be> wrote:
> Massimo Lusetti wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Joachim Van der Auwera <joachim@progs.be>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> make 5.1.0.5 stable release : -1
>>> I would wait a little for this. I cannot yet port my applications to
>>> 5.1.0.4
>>> because chenillekit has some problems with some of the changes. And
>>> 5.1.0.3
>>> is causing me some problems on IE with GZIP truncated errors (on the
>>> server)
>>> causing none of the javascript to work.
>>>

>> Issue about ChenilleKit is not about Tapestry, it's a totally
>> independant library.
>>

> Obviously. I just think that people need to be able to fully test the new
> version before declaring it stable. Exposing it to a wider audience for a
> week or two would be good to show that no new regressions are introduced.
> And yes, that would give some time for other libraries to be updated to use
> the latest version. I believe that makes a better impression once the
> release is announced.
> Secondly, I have problems with the GZIP stuff that I currently cannot verify
> for my application because it relies on chenillekit. Indeed, not really
> tapestry's problem, but a problem for me nonetheless (I have currently
> switched off gzip compression entirely te remedy this).
>
> Just my two cents, it seems everybody else agrees to declare this stable.
>
> Kind regards,
> Joachim
>

> --
> Joachim Van der Auwera
> PROGS bvba, progs.be

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos