tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 5.1.0.2?
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:47:09 GMT
Ok, I can look into doing a simple Hidden component.

I'm still on the fence about the locale encoding business.  If you
application never sets a persistent locale, then there's no
difference. The only difference is if you were overriding Tapestry
5.0's PersistentLocale, since its responsibilities have changed in
5.1. In fact, a 5.0 implementation with the "encode locales" symbol
turned off may still work correctly.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
> Francois Armand schrieb:
>>
>> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>>
>>> Although there are still a couple of troubling Ajax bugs, I'm feeling
>>> that T5.1 is really about ready for prime time; I'd like to get a
>>> 5.1.0.2 release and vote underway shortly. I also think we should
>>> start thinking of .2 as a beta release, and possibly, the release
>>> candidate.
>>>
>>> What remaining bugs are do-or-die?
>>>

>> (that's the point of view of a simple user)
>> I really would like to see the "hidden" field component in 5.1, it's a two
>> line component to do, and it's lack disturb a lot of people.
>> It's in no way complex to do ourself, there is an example in the howtos,
>> but it's really too strange to not have it in the default lib.
>>
>> Other than that, I think I didn't notice anything bad,and a lot of cool
>> things :)
>>

> I agree. A hidden component is really easy to do. I'd also like to see the
> discussion going on in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-577 being
> brought to an end before a 5.1 release. I think we also want to prove to the
> critics that 5.1 is backwards compatible to 5.0 so this should be resolved.
>
> +1 for Howards plan apart from that.
>
> Uli

Howard M. Lewis Ship