tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tapestry Wiki] Update of "Tapestry5SimpleAndPowerfulLayouts" by 5451vs5451
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:40:18 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by 5451vs5451:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5SimpleAndPowerfulLayouts

      @Parameter(name = "id", defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL, required = true)
      private String id;

-     Object beginRender() throws Exception {
+     Object beginRender() {
          ComponentResources res = resources.getContainerResources();
          Block toRender = null;
          while (res != null) {
@@ -75, +75 @@

  Now, try it yourself.

- Note that we do not have a single line of java code to handle layouting logic in the layout
component. And also note that we do not have to add a block in the page for each slot defined
in the layout component.
+ Note that we do not have a single line of java code to handle layouting logic in the layout
component. And also note that we do not have to add a block in the page for each slot defined
in the layout component.

+ Sublayout can be easily created, providing defaults for slots defined in upper layouts,
or refining the layouts by introducing new slots.
+