tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Ready for 5.1.0.0?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:04:10 GMT
Em Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:41:34 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I'm very interested in getting a 5.1 final release out. As I've
> pointed out in prior threads, it would be good for the community to
> demonstrate a significantly enhanced Tapestry that's compatible with
> 5.0.18.

Specially for the "Tapestry always breaks backward compatibility" trolls .
. . :)

> What's on everyone's "must have" list?

My wish list, not necessarily for this alpha version:

* Multiple zone update in a single event handler. Related JIRA: 108
(ActionLink should be able to update several zones)
* More general Javascript event support in Ajax, just like T4 had.
Something like the OnEvent support provided by ChenilleKit
(http://www.chenillekit.org/demo/tapcomp/oneventdemo), but supporting
returning Blocks and Zones instead of just JSONObject. Related JIRA: 138
* Some way to know the component that originated some event. Related JIRA:
146
* Form elements without Form in Zones: 351
* Add localization to translators to allow for localized display/entering
of values. Related JIRA: 211. This issue prevents anyone who uses a comma
as a decimal separator from using the number built-in validator.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago