tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r741938 - in /tapestry/tapestry5/trunk: src/site/apt/ tapestry-core/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/bindings/ tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:27:00 GMT
Em Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:42:23 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> This is to get ready to
> bring back a version of $content$ and $remove$ (from T4),

I implemented something very similar to $content$ and $remove$
implementing two components: crud/Remove (renders absolutely nothing, just
like $remove$ [1] and crud/JustBody (renders only its body, not its
element) [2]. A template using them to provide complete previewability can
be found at [3]. That's one very nice Tapestry feature: implementing a
very simple component you accomplish something that need special treatment
in other frameworks (like Tapetry 4, for example).

[1]
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-crud/tags/1.0/src/main/java/br/com/arsmachina/tapestrycrud/components/Remove.java?revision=379&view=markup

[2]
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-crud/tags/1.0/src/main/java/br/com/arsmachina/tapestrycrud/components/JustBody.java?revision=379&view=markup

and

[3]
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/example/tags/1.0/src/main/webapp/user/EditUser.tml?revision=395&view=markup

and
http://ars-machina.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ars-machina/tapestry-crud/tags/1.0/src/main/resources/br/com/arsmachina/tapestrycrud/components/JustBody.tml?revision=379&view=markup.

> plus future
> ideas (allow a subclass template to override only portions of the
> superclass template).

Couldn't this be accomplished just using regular block parameters? AFAIK,
this can be true for components, but not for pages. Am I right?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago