tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Edward Gruber <christianedwardgru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SUCCESS] Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo as Tapestry Committer
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 00:36:30 GMT
Toplink is one of the oldest O/R Mapping systems in production, and
dates back to the mid-90's.  It was purchased by Oracle, and was used
to make their reference JPA implementation.  In fact, Oracle's
advocacy in the JPA standard was substantially influenced by Toplink.
Toplink, in the good-old-days, competed (in some ways) with the
Enterprise Object Framework from NeXTSTEP, became part of WebObjects,
and is still at the root of some of the Core Data stuff.  Toplink is a
lot of things, but isn't a project made to provide JPA integration.
It's partly the other way around.

cheers,
Christian.

On 19-Feb-09, at 15:13 , Marcelo Lotif wrote:

> After
> seraching a little, I read somewere that toplink was a project made to
> provide an easy JPA implementation, so that is the reason.

Christian Edward Gruber
e-mail: christianedwardgruber@gmail.com
weblog: http://www.geekinasuit.com/