tapestry-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Howard M. Lewis Ship (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (TAP5-290) Namespace error when partial-updating a zone with a block
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:38:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-290?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12642969#action_12642969
] 

Howard M. Lewis Ship commented on TAP5-290:
-------------------------------------------

Ok, I think I can do this by forcing the element to the default (no prefix) namespace.  The
issue is that, in the highly dynamic space, it hard to connect the element that content that
is rendering to the enclosing elements (outside of the rendering block/component) that are
defining the namespaces.

> Namespace error when partial-updating a zone with a block
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TAP5-290
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-290
>             Project: Tapestry 5
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: tapestry-core
>    Affects Versions: 5.0.15
>            Reporter: Hugo Palma
>            Assignee: Howard M. Lewis Ship
>             Fix For: 5.0.16
>
>
> I have a zone that contains two components in its body that i'd like to update on a given
event.
> Because i can't return more than one component to update from the event listener method
i created a block inside the zone and outside the two components and now return the block
from the event listener method. Something like this:
> <t:zone>
> <t:delegate to="myblock"/>
> <t:block>
> <t:component1>
> ...
> </t:component1>
> <t:component2>
> ...
> </t:component2>
> <div>whatever</div>
> </t:block>
> </t:zone>
> I use the delegate to because i want the block content to be visible when the whole page
is rendered and not just after the update event.
> So, the page renders just fine. But, when the event is executed i get the following error
logged and nothing is updated on the UI:
> [ERROR] TapestryModule.RequestExceptionHandler Processing of request failed with uncaught
exception: Namespace prefix for URI 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' is not defined.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Namespace prefix for URI 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' is
not defined.
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toNamespacePrefix(Element.java:502)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toNamespacePrefix(Element.java:504)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toPrefixedName(Element.java:366)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Element.toMarkup(Element.java:300)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Node.toMarkup(Node.java:149)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Node.writeChildMarkup(Node.java:103)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.dom.Node.getChildMarkup(Node.java:113)
> at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PageRenderQueueImpl.renderPartial(PageRenderQueueImpl.java:150)
> Although the block rendered fine the first time it seems to fail to render upon the partial-update.
After some digging i found out that the only way that i could get this to work was to only
include tapestry namespace tags inside the block. So if i have something like:
> <div>whatever</div>
> inside the block i get the error. But if i change it to:
> <t:any element="div">whatever</t:any>
> it works just fine.
> Again, the exact same block renders just fine when the page loads.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tapestry.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tapestry.apache.org


Mime
View raw message