tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Stärk <...@spielviel.de>
Subject Re: [REVOTE] Tapestry 5.0.15
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:01:45 GMT
Filip S. Adamsen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 2008-09-16 20:08, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
>>> c) Abort 5.0.15 (again!), fix these, start again.
>>
>> I'd only do this if any of these issues are real blockers for any reason.
>
> You don't think TAPESTRY-2674 is a real blocker? Imagine if this was a
> problem with the German localization... Just saying.

Filip,

I didn't judge TAPESTRY-2674 nor any of the other issues, in fact I said that if any of those
issues
ARE blockers then we should redo 5.0.15 - and I definitely didn't want to offend you.

As for your criticism about me judging otherwise if it concerned me directly: If you look
at my vote
for 5.0.15 you'll see that I didn't vote against it even though it had problems with the German

localization (amongst others the encoding was messed up).

> Like I said, *I* can handle this being in 5.0.15, but others might not
> be able to. Also, since da (Danish) is a supported locale by default,
> this might even hit non-Danish apps if tapestry.supported-locales is not
> overridden to exclude it.
>
> In the end, it's up to Howard and the rest of the committers.

Indeed. He asked for our opinions and this was mine.

Cheers,

Uli