tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5 getting client id for components
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:43:50 GMT
For the moment, I didn't want every component to output an id, because
of the overhead (generating those ids, and generating the extra HTML).
 Also, there's the issue, when we start the Ajax work, of correctly
generating ids there as well.  It's actually a thorny issue, the idea
of referencing ids generated in an earlier render, and generting new
(comptable?) ids in a subsequent Ajax render.

On 3/30/07, Ted Steen <ted.steen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im affraid that will only give me an id for the current component, i
> want to get the id of a nested component within my component. the
> ideal would be this
>
> @Inject
> private Img theImage;
>
> someMethod() {
>  String idOfImage = theImage.getId();
> }
>
> 2007/3/30, Waldo Mendoza <waldo@coderoad.com>:
> > Maybe Injecting the PageRenderSupport and ComponentResource will help:
> >
> > @Inject
> > private PageRenderSupport _support;
> >
> > @Inject
> > private ComponentResources _resources;
> >

> > String allocatedId = _support.allocateClientId(_resources.getId());

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind