tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <colin...@exis.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 3.1 compatibility with 3.0?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:54:36 GMT
+1 on calling it 4.0. This is what I suggested in a thread a month or
two ago. I just don't see how, given the common perception of what a 3.0
to 3.1 release means, that it would be at all appropriate unless the new
code was completely or almost completely backwards compatible, which is
not the case here. I actually don't see what the big deal is about
calling it 4.0. It's a major release, with lots of new functionality.

Regards,
Colin