tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Component properties
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:06:02 GMT
The original, forward-looking intent was to have a place that a RAD type tool builder could
stuff
orthogonal data (i.e., things like color and position) You see this with Rational Rose, that
writes
out all the UID javadoc comments so that it can do round trip engineering. I wanted a clean
way to
support that, as well as app-specific meta data (such as security tags for pages).

In any case, if you want to interpret the string value there as an OGNL expression, that's
a simple
enough layer to add; OGNL has the public static field referencing syntax
("@package.MyClass@MY_FIELD").

My intent was largely to support RAD tools that may not be written in Java or, at least, not
have
access to the specific Java code of the application.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components