tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Components with style
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:00:25 GMT
Designer's will certainly be responsible for the style either way. My only suggestion is to
bundle
the CSS for the component with the component so you don't *have* to specify styles to use
the
component, altough you can if you prefer a different style by overriding the one bundled with
the
component.

I have the following organization for my stylesheets. Specificity: left(least specific) to

right(most specific).

company level -> project level -> component level -> page level

And I have CSS for every component and every page.

Here I can specify my company level and project level stylesheets in the Border and I can
specify
the page level stylesheet in the page spec, but I have no one place to specify the stylesheets
for
the components. I have to specify them in each page I use the component which is what I am
trying to
avoid.

-Harish